Tuesday, November 30, 2010

A training run and a show off!

Well yesterday was the start of Official Disney Training. Our training schedule said I was supposed to stretch and strengthen yesterday. I did have to stretch my arm pretty far out the car window to reach my McDonald's biscuit at the drive through. As far as strength training goes - my bags were pretty heavy at Kroger. That all counts right?!

Ok .... so yesterday was a bust, but today was good. The schedule says 3 and we did 3 solid miles. When we got back to the house it was 2.77 so we had to kind of run in a circle till we reached three but we did it. Jill then decided to be a show off and ran from my house to the gym and went to step class. I got this text a little later:

The next time I decide to be a hero and go to step class after a run....Slap me!!

I couldn't resist this text in return:

Ok..Will do! We good for 5 miles in the morning at 5:00.

Her return text:

I hope you enjoyed that!

I did in fact enjoy having her turn me down for a run instead of the other way around. Truth is, no way I was doing 5 miles in the morning, so it was a little mean.

The schedule has 2 miles for tomorrow and that will be a trick since the 3 today were done late afternoon and I'll have to do the 2 first thing in the morning. Slow and easy and get it in.

I know we have been running for 7 weeks already but the start of "official training" has me excited!" We are really gonna do this and it is really going to be fun.

86 Days and Counting!



No comments:

Post a Comment