Thursday, November 25, 2010

Today I'm thankful

I'm up before everyone else this morning so I can get the dressing made. It's been kind of a bad week at our house. One of those weeks when nothing has gone right and little things seem to be hard to do and water pours out of the cabinet below onto your feet while you're washing dishes. One of those. But this morning I woke up with a smile on my face and here's why.

I'm about to make dressing from a really good recipe given to me by a really good friend. I'm so thankful for her. She makes a difference in my life and I'm so glad she is my friend.

I woke up this morning in my warm, comfortable, relatively clean spacious home next to a man whose love I have not questioned for 16 1/2 years. Who values our marriage and tells me every day he loves me and he thinks I'm beautiful.

I am going to see my family in a little while. My family and his family and my sister-in-law's family will all be together. I am thankful that all these people love each other.

I am thankful that everyone who was with us last year is still with us this year. That hasn't always been the case and it's not the case for a lot of my friends. I am beyond thankful for that this year.

I am thankful for my Daddy, who is not with us. I am thankful that everyday I can see the influence of him in my life.

My children are still asleep and I love it when I am up before them making breakfast, setting their day in motion. My whole life what I wanted to be when I grew up was a mother. I am so thankful I get to be their mother. I'm thankful they are healthy and happy (most of the time).

No running today, only eating. But I am thankful for the fact that if wanted to run today, I could. And I'm thankful that I'm not worried about what we will eat. That I've never once really been hungry. I am thankful for the chance to help others.

I am thankful that I not only woke up in my warm comfortable house, I woke up in the United States of America. I am thankful for the people who sacrifice their lives so I can wake up in my warm comfortable bed. I am thankful for freedom.

Most of all I am thankful that I know my Savior lives! I am thankful that I know my Savior! I am thankful that He knows me!

Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment