Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Thank you Mr. UPS man

I mapped out a new course last night and for the record hills looks much smaller and less numerous in the dark. I ran it this morning and it took me into a section of neighborhood I had not run yet. I had just turned onto the new street when I heard it: The jangling of tags, the pounding of paws and then it came. Lots of loud barking getting closer. Even over the loud WICKED soundtrack playing in my ears I knew this was not good. Sure enough to my left, coming fast were two large, angry dogs.

I yelled out loud, something very intelligent and strong like "Oh, Oh, AAHHH!" and kind of froze. And then my hero, the man in the big brown van, pulled up between me and the dogs. These dogs must have a serious case of ADD because thats all it took. They never noticed me again and they were on the opposite side of the street from me the rest of the way through that section of neighborhood. They were kind enough to leave a gift for me though and I obligingly stepped right in it.

On another note. I did go farther than I have so far. 3.5 miles. It wasn't good though. I almost turned around, but I didn't. I got it in. Really more walking than running today. I had lots on my mind today. Many friends to pray for today so I'm calling this a 3.5 mile prayer walk with some intermittent jogging. That works right?

It was worthwhile though because one prayer was already answer today and despite being chased by dogs and trudging through I am thankful to be able to do what I can.

God is good-all the time!

No comments:

Post a Comment