Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Andy Update

You might remember my post here about my little brother, Andy. The two time ironman. I wrote that he was training for a marathon. Well, his marathon was this past Sunday and he did great! He ran 26.2 miles in 3:14:56. That was 43 minutes faster than his personal best! Holy Cow! If he were 9 months older it would have qualified him for the Boston Marathon.

I texted him back that I was so proud of him. He texted back "Thanks. I can't walk now though."

I hope he's feeling better now but to be honest that makes me feel a little better.

You know at 5K races (that I've seen before) you see those people who run the course before to warm up and then run it again after the race to cool off- that annoys me. I thought Andy might be one of those, but on a marathon level. You know - "Let me run another 26 miles to cool off. "

I'm so proud of him and can't even imagine being able to that.

The website for the Disney Princes Half Marathon states that you half to keep a 16 minute/mile pace. If that is what I do it in, it will take me 30 minutes longer to finish a half marathon than it did for Andy to finish a whole marathon.

Brothers!

No comments:

Post a Comment