Friday, November 5, 2010

Just Do it Already!

Today was a cooking day at my house. I cooked all day long! I have a couple of parties at my house next week and a family event this weekend so I was cooking up some goodies. Like these:


If you're ever mad at me I will bring you these. You won't be mad at me anymore.
They are yummy!

Anyway, I had a plan of when to run today, but I got a little off the plan and kept pushing my time to run back. And honestly as the day wore on I really wasn't feeling all that great. So about 1:30 I threw in the towel. Not running today. It's just an off week I guess.

Well, when I got out to run carpool I realized what a beautiful afternoon it was. I started to wish I had gone ahead and run. I decided I might could fit it in before we left town for the weekend. So off I went.

It was in fact a beautiful day. Windy but so nice. I did 2.5 miles but did walk a good bit today. I'm beginning to learn something though. I think because any distance was an improvement for the first few weeks I expect myself to set new records every time I go out. I'm beginning to understand the difference between a training run-adding distance and time and a just do it already run-one to get in some miles and get my body moving. That was today's run- just do it already. And I'm glad I did- I always am. Now-if you will excuse me:

The sweet rolls are calling my name!

No comments:

Post a Comment