Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Tinkerbell Sleeps In!

There is a flashback scene in an old (very old) episode of FRIENDS in which Rachel has been stood up for a school dance. She is standing at the bottom of a flight of stairs crying, "He's not coming!"

That was me this morning at 5:30. Standing at the bottom of my driveway crying. "She's not coming!"

Ok, so it wasn't quite that dramatic but the fact remains- Tinkerbell stood me up!
However this wasn't such a bad thing as it brought me to a point of personal decision. You see on Monday morning I set my alarm for 5:00 intending to get up and run early by myself. Well, it doesn't take much to figure out what happened. Well, actually not much happened at all. Turned it off and slept for another hour and a half. The thought of running by myself in the dark was not appealing.

So....there I found myself this morning. In the dark, sleepy and at the point of decision. To sleep or to run was the question and I chose to run. Let me repeat.....I CHOSE TO RUN!

This was a big step for me. As Jill put it.. "It shows a lot of growth." I'm kind of proud of that. I ran 2 miles. Mostly. Walked a little. It had been 3 days since I had done anything and I was nervous I was going to take a big step back. But I did ok.

I would still much rather run with Tinkerbell, but I didn't hate the run this morning. So... thanks Jill for giving me a little boost this morning without even knowing it. And just remember....

I get one free pass now!


No comments:

Post a Comment