Friday, November 12, 2010

Milestone

Six weeks ago if you had told me I would be up at 5:00 this morning so I could run 4 miles I would have not only laughed at you, I would have scoffed at you! Never in a hundred years was that something I saw in my future. But I've eaten so many words in the last 6 weeks-what's a few more?

Four miles! I actually ran four miles. That really is unbelievable to me. I know eventually that will have to be 13 miles, but I can't really focus on that. I'm just focusing on this day's miles. I'm learning valuable things about running too. Tuesday's run was really awful, and I know it was because I also ran on Monday. Today it had been 2 days since I had run and it was a great run. I felt good, nothing hurt (too bad anyway). And Jill even noticed that I seem to be improving - my best run yet with her. Which means my best run yet period!

Of course I feel the need to reward myself when I hit a new milestone and I felt like today was a pretty big one. I mulled over what to do. New earrings? A manicure? Many possibilities, but honestly four miles did a number on my legs and I was just flat worn out so I stopped and got a cold diet coke, some candy and came home and sat on the porch and read my book for half an hour before everyone got home. It was blissful!

I'm learning my lesson and will not be running tomorrow. I might go to a weight class at the gym or ....

I'll probably sleep in!

No comments:

Post a Comment