Monday, November 8, 2010

Little Brother



This is my little brother, Andy.
I know he looks all tough now but I could totally beat him in a kick fight when he was 9.

This picture was taken about 6 years ago during his first Ironman. You heard that correct-his FIRST Ironman. That means he has done more than one. I haven't yet figure out why he is smiling in this picture. He is either just starting or just finishing a marathon. Yes, that's right. A full marathon - 26.2 miles. After swimming 2.4 miles and biking 112 miles. It's a little obnoxious.

He has been very supportive of my "little" endeavor. The other day when I wrote about my leg hurting I got an email almost as soon as I posted that simply said. "What's wrong with your leg?" He gave me lots of really good advice on how to care for my hurting leg and I really thought that was so sweet. Then he threw in this little zinger, "If it makes you feel better I had to walk a good bit on my 19 mile run the other day." Nice.

One time he was home visiting and he called me from my mother's house and asked if this was a good time for him to run over and say hello. So he literally ran over to say hello. As in he used his legs-not a car- and ran over to my house. Brothers.

He's running a marathon in a couple of weeks. I'm really amazed by him. I feel the need to share with everyone all my trials and tribulations of running a few miles and he quietly runs marathons and Ironmans.

He also brought me a little gift when I saw him this weekend:

At first I was offended because I thought he was calling me fat, but I've been assured that all serious runners use this so I think that was very sweet.

I'll never be as "fit" as he is or as serious about this as he is. It's just not in me. But I am very proud of my little brother. (And he's not really obnoxious-I actually might be the obnoxious one.)

But I'm pretty sure I can still take him in a kick fight!

No comments:

Post a Comment