Thursday, December 2, 2010

Take My Breath Away!

If you are a child of the eighties, like myself, one movie sound track come to mind when you see that song title. Anyone?

Yep! Top Gun! I was in the eighth grade and absolutely just aged myself but- wow what a movie and what a song! That was before Tom Cruise went all weird and you can be sure a picture of him in his flight jacket that I tore out of BOP magazine was on my bedroom wall.

Wait...what am I supposed to be writing about? Oh yea...Running, breathing... now I'm back on track!

I will admit to kind of blowing it this first official training week. I have had 2 good runs, but I haven't really followed the in between "stuff". I strung lights in my bushes yesterday and decided to count that as cross training. I gotta get with it! We did run this morning and I hate, HATE to admit that I was looking forward to the early morning run. It's 7:30, the run is done, I'm wide awake and the day is in front of me. It was a really good run too. I felt good, we only walked a couple of times and then it was only up what appears to be mountains that have sprung up in Madison, Ms. I declare this is a hilly neighborhood! My legs felt good. The company was good and overall is was a great start to the day. So here is my issue now:

I can't breathe! I get to where I can't catch my breath. I want a deep good breath and I can't get it. I'm sure it has nothing to do with the 6 Diet Cokes I drink everyday. Somebody please tell me that's not it! If comes down to running or Diet Cokes- well is there really a choice?

A few Christmas's ago I bought my Ironman brother a book he asked for for Christmas. It was an entire book about how to breathe while swimming. That was the craziest thing I had ever heard of. Well, now I'm wondering if there is one for running. I may at least google it.

Maybe Tom Cruise wrote a book about it?!

1 comment:

  1. Diet Coke is the ONLY choice! Ha. I love reading your posts. They are hilarious!

    ReplyDelete