Monday, December 6, 2010

A Day of Firsts!

Yesterday was a pretty big day in my little journey here. There were many "firsts" yesterday!

It was the first time I have gotten up early for a Sunday morning run. It was actually pretty easy and kind of nice to get up at 6:30 instead of 5:00. I got my day of rest in though. Nobody heard from me between 2:30 and 4:30 yesterday.

It was the first time I have paid someone to babysit while I run. Obviously when we run early during the week Shane is home with the kids. And if we run in the afternoon they are plenty old enough to hang at the house for an hour while I run in the neighborhood. But Shane and Will were on a scout campout and I didn't want to leave Jenny alone so Jill's oldest daughter Reagan came to my house at 6:30 to stay with Jenny. Bless her heart! I felt so guilty when she was standing there in her jammies wrapped in a blanket. I showed her the couch and paid her well. Jenny thinks Reagan is the greatest teenager ever and would whole heartily agree!

It was the first time I have left the neighborhood to run. We ran straight out of Cypress Lake and down the main road. That was a huge mental hurdle for me.

And last but not least:

For the first time IN MY LIFE I ran 5 miles. It was a great run too! We didn't have to walk very much and except for the time I told Jill I thought I was going to throw up I felt really good! We were lightening fast too! A 12:48 pace over 5 miles. Ok so it was lightening fast for me! I feel so encouraged and excited!

I became a little obnoxious as the day wore on and felt the need to tell everyone I saw that I had run 5 miles. My poor husband! Just as we were about to fall asleep I said, "Oh hey guess what?" "What?" "I ran 5 miles today!" this was about the 10th time this conversation took place and he was appropriately excited each time! God love him!

Just imagine what I'll be like after 13.1 !!!


No comments:

Post a Comment