Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Baby It's Cold Outside!

Subtitle: My Journey to the Darkside

I have long accused my husband and other avid runners and triathletes in my life of being part of a cult. They fit many of the criteria. One of them being- saying and doing things that don't make sense to anyone else.

I think I'm in trouble.

First of all on Monday Jill asked me what was on the schedule for Tuesday. My response: "Oh, Just an easy 3." I seriously said an easy 3 miles. Jill just laughed and said, "Did you just hear yourself?" Oh Dear-I did.

Secondly, It was 23 degrees Tuesday morning. You read that right-23 degrees. Monday night I texted Jill and asked her if she was serious. Unfortunately she assured me she was. However, Later that night she texted back.

"Chris think I'm crazy- let's go to the Courthouse" (the gym in our neighborhood)

My loving and supportive husband then said to me:
"Run! Complete your journey to the darkside!"

I text Jill back:
"I'm ok with whatever. I can borrow Shane's Under Armor and I have cute pink gloves."

Jill: "Outside it is"

Me: "I'm so stupid"

So that's what we did. We ran 3 miles in 23 degree weather. It was cold. Really cold. But not terrible. Jill did assure me that she has limits. She said she doesn't run below 20 degrees.

Well, it's good to know there are limits to the insanity.

After looking at the forecast for the rest of the week I sent Jill this text this morning:

"Just to let you know ahead of time, I don't think I run in the snow. I'm still praying about it."

Her response:

I eat snow for breakfast!

No comments:

Post a Comment