Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Words taste good!

Well, I have figured out why I have not lost very much weight on this little journey of mine.

It's all the words I have eaten. With the way I have been eating them lately, they must taste like Godiva Chocolate Caramel squares I have been sneaking this past week. (I bought them on Christmas clearance to give as gifts and rediscovered them cleaning out the pantry-major yummy!)

Today I took a big bite from the words : "I will NEVER run in the rain-NEVER!"

Today I ran in the rain.

Ok. Today I ran in a sprinkle. But it was still wet and falling on my head.

I did it to myself. I needed to run 3-4 miles yesterday, but my hip was aching and it was "spitting" at us on the way to school and I quickly talked myself into a trip to the gym. Me and that stationary bike are getting to be good friends. Too good. It's becoming a codependent relationship and I'm going to have to walk away I'm afraid.

Last night I decided do or die it was 5 miles today. Well, it wasn't spitting at us this morning. It was carpool is going to be crazy, wish I could crawl under the cover raining this morning, but I headed to the gym to do 5 on the treadmill. But first I decided to visit my friend the bike and then I did some weights and then I got on the treadmill.

I have an issue I need help with. When I run on the treadmill my earphone shock the inside of my ears. Am I just weird or does this happen to other people. I lasted about 30 seconds and hopped off. That is not fun!

I started to head back to the bike but began to panic. I haven't run since Saturday and now it's Tuesday. We are doing 10 on Saturday and I need to run today! A quick glance out the window and although threatening it was not currently raining. I drove home and grabbed my gloves and earmuffs and hit the road to try to do 1 or 2 miles before a meeting I had this morning. About half a mile in I began to notice the rain drops on the puddles. Then I noticed them on the screen of my phone. Then I noticed them on my head. But here is the thing. In that moment as rain was falling on my head I made the decision to keep going. My plan was to continue on around the lake and I decided to keep on that path. While rain was falling on my head. I'm proud of that moment!

The rain didn't last long and I actually ran out of time and had to cut it a little short. Beside I was feeling kind of full.....

From all the words!





No comments:

Post a Comment