Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Today I'm Cinderella

When we registered for the race we had to fill out the usual information. Name, address, age (Blah!), estimated finish time (Ha!) and of course.....our favorite princess. Yep! Our favorite princess! How fun! I chose Belle. I've always liked her. I don't know if its because she wasn't born royalty and had to go through a lot of difficulty to be a princess or if it's because in the end she saves the prince instead of the other way around. Maybe it's because her brown hair and big blue eyes have always reminded me of my own little princess, Jenny. Whatever it is I have always found her to be a very relatable princess. Sort of the Diana of the Disney Princess world. Except not at all. Never mind.

Anyway..... School started back this week. We had a great holiday. Shane was home for the better part of the two weeks and all four of us barely got out of our pajamas. So Monday it was time to clean, and clean, and clean. This house was nasty. As I was scrubbing some leftover Christmas from the baseboards Monday morning I couldn't help but feel a little like Cinderella. Pre-fairy Godmother Cinderella. But no little mice to help.

By Monday night I had run 4 miles, cleaned 3 toilets and 6 sinks, vacuumed 6 rooms, mopped 1 kitchen and 3 bathrooms, done 5 loads of laundry and changed sheets on 2 beds. So here is my question.

How did Cinderella have the energy to go to a ball?

Cause I'm POOPED!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment