Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Schizophrenic Playlist!

Today was a victory! It has been 9 days since I last ran. I have had to lay low because my hip pain. I have done the stationary bike enough to take me to Orlando and back and have done weights to try to strengthen my hips and 9 days later things seem somewhat back to normal. I was able to run today pain free!! I only did two miles but was so happy with that. I feel so good tonight and am thinking again that I might actually be able to do this race. I am planning 5 miles tomorrow so we will see how that goes.

Most of my runs since Christmas have been solo runs. Jill's and my schedules have not matched up the last few weeks and I had to lay off and miss the last group long run. My iPod and I have gotten reacquainted over the last few weeks and I have made a discovery.

It's possible I'm schizophrenic. At least where music is concerned. Here is a list of the songs I listened to in the 25 minutes it took me to run 2 miles (that's a 12:46 pace-just in case you were wondering).

1. Popular from the Wicked soundtrack
2. Trumpet of Jesus by the Imperials circa 1978
3. Showstopper by Toby Mac
4. Dancing Queen from Mamma Mia
5. Nineteen Something by Mark Wills (funny little country song)
6. Hold on by Toby Mac (This one was torture and is probably what made me run faster-trying to outrun this song. This one has got to go! One Toby Mac song too many!)

And to round out my 2 victorious comeback miles......

The Training Montage from Rocky IV


No comments:

Post a Comment