Friday, January 28, 2011

A comparison worth making


This is my husband Shane.

He is not only a natural born runner, he is a triathlete. He swims and bikes and then runs. It's a little irritating. And also amazing. He really does amaze me. After not running for several months he will decide to start training for triathlon season and wake up one morning and run 3 miles. Let us remember how many weeks it took me to run one mile.

It's a good thing he's cute.

Anyway, thought it would be interesting to make a comparison of our running habits and styles.

Shoes:

Shane's running shoes are stained from the red mud at the grueling Heart of Dixie triathlon held in the middle of July. In Mississippi.

My shoes are stained with a blob a chocolate cake I was eating in late
December. In Mississippi.

Hydration:

Shane's bathroom counter is littered with various sizes of water bottles.

My bathroom counter is littered with various sizes of Diet Coke.

Energy Replacement:

Shane prefers GU as his energy replacement on long runs.


I prefer something that makes thing I'm eating candy.

In order to even the score a little I have purchased my own GU to carry me through my first 10 mile run in the morning.

I'm taking my jelly beans though.
Sent from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment