Friday, January 7, 2011

Gaining information from a nine year old


******First of all, I mentioned before that Santa had been good to me this year. It was actually Shane who was good to me and surprised me with a much coveted iPad!!! I was (and still am) so very excited! I need it you see to blog from Disney World at the race! I am trying out several things on it today so if it looks a little weird, hang with me as I figure this out!

My daughter Jenny,who is 9, is running the 1 mile fun run at the Mississippi Blues marathon tomorrow. Shane and I have always thought she would be a good runner. She is pretty fast and she is very internally motivated. She has what I lack, that internal desire for competition. She is not a team sport girl, but I think track might be right up her ally.

I needed to get a short run in yesterday and she wanted to practice for the race so we decided to go together. I told her we could run a one mile loop and she could stop a when we got back home and I would keep going. Not to be outdone she decided she could do 2 miles. So off we went.

If you are looking for information from a nine year old just take her on a jog! She's a talker anyway but gracious!

Here we are about to leave. Please ignore the multiple rolls on my neck. It's the way I was standing. It's the way I was standing! IT'S THE WAY I WAS STANDING!


Here is the information I gained yesterday:

-One mile is the same as 4 times around playground one at school and she already did that once today.
-Every class room now has a recycle been in their room and when it's full you dump it in the big trashcan at the end of the hall. It's her opinion we need one of the big cans for our house "cause we have so many cans in our recycle bin- we drink a lot of stuff in cans". By "we" she means "you mom". The resolution to decrease diet coke is not going so well.
-Something fell on Grants hand and a screw went all the way through his hand. (This I never could figure out completely but I feel the need to check on Grant!)
- Her side hurts
-Her birthday is only 7 weeks away and that's good because if she forgot to ask for anything for Christmas she can still get it in.
-It seems like everyone who works at school is either Shania's cousin or uncle.
-She can't wait to get her race packet. Hope it's good stuff (lots of good stuff by the way)
- Her side really hurts!
- She's planning on selling like a bazillion girl scout cookies

-You're not supposed to look but she peeked at her report card on the bus. She didn't tell anybody what it said but she did yell "YES!" with accompanying fist pump.

-Can we just walk home please?

This just a small sampling of the wealth of information I gained yesterday. When she is 15 and doesn't want to talk to me at all I'm going to make her go jogging with me!

Cause the girl can talk!

No comments:

Post a Comment