Thursday, January 13, 2011

Humility and hilarity at the gym

I'm still nursing my hips so I hit the gym today instead of running. I did a variety of things including the stationary bike. I did that for about 30 minutes and moved onto doing some weights. I went to the machine that works your quads in which you slip your legs under a pad and pull it up. I adjusted the machine to fit my short legs and sat down. Glancing at the weights, I moved the pin to the desired amount and moved two of the three 5 lb. donuts over to make it heavier. I did my reps and headed back the stationary bike. About that time the sweetest looking old lady came behind me to the leg machine. She was little bitty and had a puff of silver hair on her head. She looked exactly like Sophia from Golden Girls. I thought to myself, "I hope she is gonna be ok." She checked the placement of the seat and the leg bar. It seemed fine to her and she sat down. She glanced at the weight and then did a double take. She then moved the third 5 lb. donut over. The old lady bested me by 5 pounds. Humility!

I then moved to the elliptical machine. I really enjoy the elliptical. I also was enjoying the show I was watching about woman criminals! There are some bad girls out there! After about 20 minutes I decided to head back to the bike to finish up. The only available bike was next to Sophia who was done with her heavy lifting. I was a little nervous to turn my tv back to my woman criminals show as it was a little grisly and I didn't want to disturb her. I sat down and turned back to my show, but decided to glance at what she was watching, honestly thinking it was probably Matlock. It took me two glances just to be sure, but Sophia was watching Teen Mom on MTV. Hilarity!

Sent from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment