Saturday, January 29, 2011

10

I ran ten miles today.
Oh, I'm sorry maybe you didn't hear me.
I RAN TEN MILES TODAY!!!!

Four out of the six of us ran 10 miles through Lake Caroline this morning. It was a really pretty run and really I felt great. This was a big jump for me. I had only done 7 continuous miles before today. The others had done 9 the week I had to sit out.

I am beginning see a pattern in my running and I think that's good. I kind of know what to expect. The middle 3 miles are my hardest ones. At no point today did I think I wouldn't finish but miles 3,4 and 5 were slowest for me and I fell a good bit behind the others. I'm a slow walker and when we walked for a minute I fell behind and it took me awhile catch up. Ok so they stopped and waited for me and I caught up. I have good friends!

I also ate my first GU today and regrettably I will have to tell Shane that it wasn't that bad. That's another big set of words I'll have to swallow. We stopped for minute at mile 5 and had our GU and picked back up. We were all so loaded down with GU and jelly beans and gum and chews and whatever else we thought we might need that we might have shaved a minute off of our time if we weren't so weighted down.

I fell behind again at about mile 8.5 but I finished strong and felt great. I felt better after my first 10 miler than I did after my first 5 and 6 milers. I think that means I'm getting stronger. No shin splints, no hip pain. Only really numb feet but I'm getting used to that.

I had a whopper of a foot cramp when I got home so I have come up with a remedy for that this afternoon. I have to go now because.....

I have a pedicure appointment.

A girl has to do whatever is necessary to keep healthy you know!

Sent from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment