Saturday, January 1, 2011

Fun Run

Yesterday was great way to end 2010. Five out of the six of us who are going to Disney met at a nearby park to run. We have all know each other for a long time, but in everyday life our paths don't naturally cross. It was so fun to be able to all run together and catch up after the holidays and see each other's progress.

We are not all following the same training plan and 3 of the girls were scheduled to do 8 miles yesterday. I was not. I had done my 6 on Monday and ended up doing 3 yesterday. I could have done 4 or 5 but my shin splints were talking to me and I figured it was better not to push it. I wish I could have stayed though because I was really enjoying the company.

A very important decision was made yesterday also. Remarkably we may have all actually agreed on an outfit to wear for the race. We are going to wear the same thing so we can be team! Jill was describing the outfit to everyone and a girl ran by on the opposite side of the trail. Jill started pointing and saying thats it! The poor girl couldn't figure out was going on. When she finally got her ipod turned off, we told her we liked her outfit. She was really sweet and told where to get it and that it was on sale! Time to go shopping!

This run made even more excited about the whole trip. One fun thing was that even though we have trained fairly separately we were all basically at the same pace. This means we ought to be able to stay within shouting distance of each other in the race. Secondly, it's just a fun group of girls. We all have kids within just a few years of each other so we are all basically in the same place in life. We've known each other for years so we have lots of history together. It's also a comfortable group. No need to be anything but yourself.

I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment