Friday, February 18, 2011

A shift in thought (and reading material)

I keep a stack of books and magazines on my nightstand. Mostly it's magazine because I'm not a casual reader. When I pick up a book to read it I become consumed by it. I have to read the whole thing in a day or two. I don't read well before bed because I lay awake and worry about where I have left the characters. Example:

Shane: "Where are you going?"
Stacy: "I'm sorry. I have to go read."
Shane: "Now?"
Stacy: "Yes! I left Angel stuck in the brothel and I have see if Michael finds her!" (Redeeming Love-BEST BOOK EVER!)

Anyway, there is generally always a stack of something to read or look at on my nightstand. I was making my bed this week I noticed something that again marks the fundamental shift in my life over the last 5 months. Here is what I found:

Nothing all that strange here.
*A Vicki Courtney book I bought When I was in one my moods where I begin to panic that my kids aren't going to turn out ok and I go by a book to tell me what to do. (This is a good one by the way.)
*A Pottery Barn catalog. I adore Pottery Barn!(Jenny has to use "super verbs" in her sentences for school so now we "adore" everything)
* A Betty Crocker Gluten Free magazine/recipe book. Just FYI-not worth the ten dollar cost!
* A Where Woman Cook magazine with The Pioneer Woman on the cover. This was an expensive magazine but had beautiful pictures of the kitchens of famous foodies cooking. I bought it as a gift but looked at it first. Very nice magazine.

And then on the bottom of the pile was this:

And not only was it just on the nightstand. It was at the bottom of the pile because I had already read it! This is not the first time this has happened to me. I caught myself reading one in a doctor's office awhile back. I would just like to repeat....

What is happening to me?!?!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment