Sunday, February 20, 2011

Round and around and around we go!


I am about to head out to do 3 miles on this beautiful afternoon. We were supposed to do 5 together yesterday morning but it kind of fell apart at the last minute. Regina is still nursing her hurt knee/hip, Chyna sprained her foot on the last long run and is laying low and me.... well it was Disciple Now at our church this weekend. We had ten 7th and 8th grade boys at our house. They had to be fed by 8:00 a.m. Have you ever seen those shows where the animals descend on the fresh kill. That's what those boys looked like when I sat those homemade sweet rolls on the counter. What a good group of kids and a precious church we have!

I'm heading to Strawberry Park to do one of my last runs. Three today and maybe 2 on Tuesday and I think I'm done before the race. I've mentioned this park a few times and for whatever reason I just really like running there. I've done all kinds of different runs during the past few months. Out and back. Winding through the neighborhood. Around the cul-de-sac a hundred times. But lately I have had a preference for going in circles at the park. I know where I am in the mile. I can mark progress easily. I told Shane I was beginning to like just running in circles and he said that was good since our course is just one long circle. I prefer a mile-long circle but you know..whatever.

Anyway, I thought I would let you what the course looks like.

We start at Epcot and run to the Magic Kingdom. Between miles 5 and 6 we do what made me sign up for the race in the first place. We run through Cinderella's castle. This is what makes me run when it's 23 degrees outside. It comes at a good time for me in the race and I can not wait! I'm hoping maybe it will be like on rides when they take your picture and then you go and pay too much money for a picture of yourself looking goofy. We also run through Tomorrow Land (Space Mountain!) and Frontier Land (Big Thunder Mountain!) We then head back to Epcot past several resorts and enter Epcot and finish near the big golf ball at Epcot.

It is going to be a great race. The weather is shaping up to look great and one week from today I'm eating with Cinderella with good friends with a princess medal around my neck!

Life is good!



No comments:

Post a Comment