Monday, February 21, 2011

Race Week: A top 10 list

We have now officially entered race week. This is not an uncommon thing in my household. I've mentioned before that Shane is a triathlete and so "race week" rolls around pretty often during triathlon season. Different things happen that week the most significant being that he drinks ungodly amounts of Gatorade.

The thing that makes this race week different of course is that it is MY race week. Hilarious! I'm not drinking a gallon of gatorade everyday. I'm not.

Here are the top 10 things that make it evident that at the end of this week I will be in Disney World to run a half marathon (gulp).

10. The location on my Weather Channel app is set to Walt Disney World Resort. Not just Orlando mind you. I need specifics. (Low 50's High 80's)

9. The 4 page list of things to do has been wittled down to one very crowded page. It's progress.

8. I'm double and triple checking reservations. I dreamed we went to the race and had forgotten to pick up our packets and we didn't have numbers or chips or anything. It was awful!

7. I'm chewing Advil like candy to get the pain in my hip to go away. Why is it back now?!?

6. I'm taking Joint Juice every morning. What am I 65?

5. I'm trying hard not to think of the fact that the race starts at 5:45 am and the buses start running at 4:00 am which means we have to get up at......I can't even say it.

4. I'm trying to decide what exactly you wear to Cinderella's castle.

3. I'm answering "Nope" to the question : "Don't you feel quilty about going to Disney World without your kids?" I took them already. I told them if they wanted to run 13 miles they could come along. I got no takers. (Ok, Maybe a little guilty!)

2. I'm scraping the bumper stickers off my car to make room for my 13.1 sticker.

and the number one reason I can tell it's race week is.....

I buy stuff like this:


A six pack of tiaras. Perfect!

No comments:

Post a Comment