Monday, February 14, 2011

Setting Goals

We had our last long run on Saturday. I have 2 short runs planned this week and a 5 miler with the group on Saturday and then it's race week. Man!

My goals for this race have changed over the past 5 months. I started out just wanting to run a mile. Check. Then 3 miles. Check. Then I had a goal of running 6 miles straight. No stopping. Not a check. But that's ok. I have a strategy for the race, and following that helps me have a better run rather than running till I think I'm gonna die and then walking, or actually crawling.

So, what is my race goal? First and foremost...to finish. There is still a lingering doubt that I can do this. The long run Saturday was good and strong, but 3 more miles scares me a little.

Next, my goal, assuming I finish, is to finish in less than 3 hours. I really think I can do this. Maybe even 2:45, but I'm saying less than three,

Lastly, my goal is to enjoy it! I think that the next time I do this I will focus more on time but this time, I want to relish the atmosphere and experience. I want to stop and have my picture made with Mickey. I want to soak it up!

I hope your Valentine's Day is filled with love! I am especially thankful for my sweet husband who has been so supportive in every way on this journey. I'm also thankful for my baby girl who got up on her own at 5:45 to set out Valentines for us. I'm also thankful for my almost teenage son who grunted "Happy Valentines Day" in my general direction this morning but really enjoyed his heart pancakes. I love you guys! You make my world go 'round!

Happy Heart Day!


No comments:

Post a Comment