Saturday, February 26, 2011

The nerves kick in

We have and a great day and I can't wait to tell you all about it. Rockin roller coaster, tower of terror, Beauty and the Beast and a nap are the high points. But the most important item at hand is that we are running this race in the morning. The culmination of all our work and sweat is in just a few hours. Literally.....the alarm is set for 3:00 am. That's craziness, but its true. We have to catch the bus by 4:00 and be in our coral by 5:00. My coral starts at 6:20.

We packed to run in the cold and it is decidedly not cold so that has been a source of some stress. Everyone has decided on something different but I am not going to wear the original long sleeve shirt but am going to wear the short sleeve shirt we got at the expo. I don't want to be hotter than I have to be.

The clothes are laid out. The numbers are pinned on. The pouches are loaded down with GU and beans and gum and everything else. The chip is on my shoe after much debate on the proper way to put it on. I have a whole new respect for my husband and what he goes through the night before a race.

There is nothing left to do but run this race. My verse for this adventure has been : He who began a good work in you will be faithful to complete until the day off Jesus Christ. I'm claiming that again tonight and thanking the lord for the chance to be with friends, for a husband who has been so supportive and for the opportunity to run this race. Thank you all so much for your words of encouragement. They have brought me to tears and I am thankful for all of you!

I have to go know. Jill is asleep. Christina is going over last minute instructions and I am taking deep breathes. The alarm goes off in 5:00 hours and in less than 12 hours I will cross the finish line....Lord willing.

And again I need to say..

The alarm goes off at 3:00 am!!!!!!!

Sent from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment