Tuesday, February 15, 2011

10,9,8....

Let the 10 day count down begin!

I should be at the gym right now because I didn't get a run in today. But instead I am eating M&Ms while I wait for my hair color to "cure." I know I need to be in shape for the race but a girl's gotta look cute too, right?

For the past 5 months I have been in "I gotta run 13.1 miles" panic mode. Now I'm in "I'm leaving my family for 4 days" panic mode. I'm not one of those moms who just can't leave her kids. I don't have tons of guilt or feel sick at the thought. I know that they know I love them and I'll bring presents. I also don't leave very often so a few days away is good for everyone. I know I will miss them and I hope they will miss me.

My problem lies in my control freak tendencies. I don't want to leave even the slightest thing undone. I don't know why I think the 12 year old can't wash his own jeans or that Shane can't grab a gallon of milk (like he does anyway!)

In the 6 months since I quit my job I really have not been busy. Normal kid, church and home things, but it has been a quiet year and it has been so nice! However the busiest three weeks of this year are falling on either side of this trip. We've had valentine parties, are having Disciple Now this weekend, a middle school dance I'm coordinating the week after, and Jenny's birthday is the day after we get back with her party four days later. My list of things to do is 4 pages long. Whew!

I know that once that plane leaves the ground all will be well and what isn't done won't really matter. Between now and then I'm going to try to relax and soak up some hugs and kisses.

Now I have to go because the hair color is ready and...

I have to check the 10 day forcast!

No comments:

Post a Comment