Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Theme Week: Run in the Dark

Yesterday I mentioned that I would run when I felt like it today. Well~I waited all day and the feeling never came! I'm not sure what it was today. I was sore from yesterdays run- Jill doesn't follow my avoid all hills rule so I took a few for the team and boy my calves hurt today! I think it's also the weather. You look outside and it's kind of dark and cloudy and the leaves are changing and it looks all cold and you feel all cozy and then you go outside. It's like 90 degrees out there. Whatever it was - I didn't want to run. I wanted to nap. I'm a much better napper.

But then I remember that I already paid for the race and that I better get out there so off I went. In the dark. Although 7:30 dark is better than 5:45 dark. I decided to add a little 1/2 mile loop through a section of the neighborhood and planned to do a lot of walking. Well, what do you know! It was one of the best runs yet. I did walk some but I ran way more and I really felt good. I'm so glad I fought the lazy urge. I felt like the cartoon with an angel and a devil on my shoulder. On one shoulder is me pressing for a nap and on the other shoulder is Jill and everyone else telling me to "Just Do It" (and I even have NIKE shoes!) I'm so glad that I listened to the angel! I feel better than I have all day with plenty of energy and it's a good thing because its 9:30 and.....

I haven't done the dishes yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment