Friday, October 22, 2010

One Mile and New Pants!

I ran a mile! I ran a mile! I ran a mile!!! A whole mile without stopping at all! A WHOLE MILE!!! I can't believe it. The only other time I have ever run a mile was 20 years ago in college when we had to run a mile in PE. I thought I was gonna die then too.
Shane ran with me yesterday and I made it the whole mile! I really almost cried when we hit the one mile mark. I couldn't believe it.
It has taken me two weeks to reach one mile. At this rate I'll be ready to run 13 miles in 26 weeks. Not good considering the race is in 18 weeks! Jill assures me I will improve exponentially. She better be right! I'm really proud of myself though!

I always have to have some reward system for myself. So I had told myself when I ran a mile I could get new running pants. So.. I did..and a shirt...and a jacket. I was really proud of myself!
I can't wait to see what I get at 2 miles!

No comments:

Post a Comment