Friday, October 22, 2010

But's it's the middle of the night!

My son is in the middle schools production of Annie this weekend. This prompted a family viewing of the movie Annie (my favorite movie as a kid). Do you remember when Ms. Hannigan comes in and tells the orphans to start cleaning (Till this place shines like the top of the Crysler building!) and little Molly says.. "But it's in the middle of the night!" and Ms. Hannigan mocks her in a snarky voice.."But it's in the middle of the night!"

This is the scene that played out in my driveway this morning.... at 5:45. Again using her evil mind bending powers my friend Jill convinced me to meet her at 5:45 to run. The fact that I just wrote that sentence shows a fundamental shift in my life and perhaps the universe as a whole. But there I stood at the end of my driveway waiting for Jill at 5:45 this morning. When she got out of the car I pointed to the still black sky and said.... "But it's in the middle of the night!"
We had a great run though and did 2 miles. Thats twice now that I've done two miles and this time I didn't park my rear on the sidewalk for 10 minutes after 1.4 of those miles. As much as I whined about it I really enjoyed starting my day with a friend and getting a jump on the day. This was a pretty big step!

So I thought I deserved another pair of pants and a new sports bra.
This is getting to be fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment