Thursday, October 28, 2010

My Own Personal Tinkerbell

The other day I referred to my friend Jill as the angel on my shoulder encouraging me to run on! I have decided to amend that. I think she is my own personal Tinkerbell!

At 6:57 this morning my cell phone buzzed with a new text. Who was it you ask: Tinkerbell herself!

I wanted to give you time to mentally prep. We are adding the Madison HILLS loop tomorrow. We can walk some. Be Ready. 5:30!!!

Did you see that? Madison HILLS! It's called that for a reason. Because its full of HILLS !

Well there is no use arguing so I decided to prepare by going ahead and seeing how bad it is. And it was not quite so bad. It really is so encouraging to be able to see myself improve and be able to add distance. I really am finding that I can go longer and I feel better. I'm finding a groove when I'm running and am finally getting to the point of being able to think about things other than survival. It was 2.8 miles. By far the farthest I've gone. I did walk a few times but not for long. It was a beautiful fall morning with a cool breeze. I really enjoyed it.
I can't wait to show Jill what I can do tomorrow - at 5:30!

On a side note: My IPOD with its great running songs playlist was dead so I grabbed the 12 years old IPOD. How much is too much Toby Mac?

2.8 MILES!

No comments:

Post a Comment