Tuesday, October 12, 2010

I QUIT MY JOB!!!

I know thats a strange way to start a blog about running, but I think thats where the journey starts. I loved my job, it was absolutely one of the most rewarding things I've ever done, but it was becoming more and more my focus instead of my family and it became more and more apparent that the time had come for me to refocus on my family. So....I quit my job! And while I am loving being at home and my family is certainly running better and everyone is feeling the calm that it has brought I was lacking some challenge. I am by nature project oriented. I began immediately thinking of what I need to do next! I felt a very strong pull though to just be still. I feel like now the Lord is saying its ok to get moving now and get moving is what I have decided to do!!!

About 2 weeks ago I pulled up behind a car with a princess sticker on it that said 13.1. I knew what that meant and I thought- if I'm ever going to do something like that- thats the one I would do!! Of course to me that meant- "No way am I ever going to do a 1/2 marathon-those people are crazy, but Disney would be fun"

Fast forward a week! I'm sitting on the porch of a family camp we went to. My good friend Jill says, "You know what we ought to do?" And there you have it. I've decided Jill ought to work for the government. In less than a week she convinced me to pay somebody to let me run 13.1 miles. Middle East peace ought to be walk in the park for her!

Let it be known that I can't run at all. All the training programs say "This assumes you can run 3 miles." HAAAHAAAHAAA. I can run to the end of the driveway-does that count? Ok Actually I have been trying for a week and I'm getting better. I can run/walk/lim/crawl 1.3 miles in 18 minutes. That ain't gonna cut it sista!

So-here starts the journey! 20 weeks till race day. Follow along. It should be interesting!

No comments:

Post a Comment